Earlier this week, PS5Scene developer Euro Ali published some information regarding his concept of modifying the bd-j runtime to run existing bd-j exploits without a Blu-ray writer.
The target is to run exploits using only a Blu-ray drive, without the need for a web browser, no need for a Blu-ray writer.
Later he stated:
PS4 and PS5 use the bdjstack.jar loader to load bd-j content while running java, applying bytecode injection to this loader gives it a lot of functionality such as executing jar without writing Blu-ray, starting a web server, etc.
Currently, BDJPlus has the following requirements:
- PS5 with BD-Drive
- Firmware 3.00 - 4.03
- A legit BD-J supported disc (we used Warcraft: The Beginning)
- FTPS5 with
MTRW(SiSTR0 or EchoStretch)
And the following features:
- Web server, hosted on the PS5 (including jar loader & log reader) can host any content
- Offers both BD-JB & Self Hosted WebKit JB
- Both exploits can be applied offline
- Exploit can be updated easily with FTP
- It is possible to develop own modules
To get more in detail:
bdjstack_kernel.jar- Allows sending system notification
bdjstack_webserver.jar- Creates web server, content getting from www
bdjstack_injector.jar- Pressing LEFT, LEFT, SQUARE, RIGHT, RIGHT injects
I had the opportunity to test BDJPlus on my PS5 (fw 3.20) and published a video for demonstration. Euro Ali will publish BDJPlus when it is done, including more features.